On your short-term rental or home sharing journey it can feel very alone if you don’t have any one to turn to. It is nice to be able to turn to someone and ask for assistance when you have questions. The Home Sharing Association South Africa (HSASA) provides exactly that, a safe zone to ask any questions and unlock your short-term hosting potential.
We provide guideline to turn to with regards to home sharing standards, HSASA grading, pricing, and the larger conversation around regulation across South Africa.
As a paid member you can look forward to monthly deals from pre-vetted suppliers and pre-negotiated rates on products, services and items that we as hosts use on a monthly basis. You will also receive discounts to our monthly events and workshops, curated and created with specific topics that will help you on your journey.
Benefits of Belonging to the Association
Consultant fees can often times be very expensive and sometimes they don’t have the experience required with the issue or platform you require help on. We offer a range of consultants with various specialities that you can get in touch to speak to directly. They are all hosts, just like you, and will know what you’re experiencing.
All paid members receive the same benefits.
*Social Community Initiative Hosts pay a different fee. Get in touch with us to find out how to apply if you are in our mentorship programme!
Membership is on an annual basis. A small annual fee makes this accessible for all to join.
Free members have access to:
- Articles on current hot topics and tips within the sharing community
- Access to our FB community.
Paid Members receive in addition:
- 10% Discount on all consulting sessions with our experts. Sessions are by phone, email or Skype.
- 10% discount of all events, workshops or additional consulting sessions during time of membership.
- 10% Discount on all events, workshops or online courses.
- Priority booking of events and workshops. Our members will receive early access and notification of events and workshops hosted.
- Supplier Reviews – vetted reviews of suppliers such as photographers, cleaning companies, interior decorators and many more, so you can feel confident in your choice of service provider.
- Discounted Supplier rates from our Network. We negotiate on our members’ behalves to secure the best deals on the best services for our community nationally.
- Access to our Member network where you can network amongst peers. Share experiences and also benefit from referring guests to members within our network.
- Premium content only available to paid members, including but not limited to:
- Listing ranking optimisation tips. Use our verified techniques to boost your listing visibility and bookings.
- Annual Home Sharing Economy Report
- Discount on our Mystery Shopper service. Receive a discount for our expert eyes and review of your property.
- Featured review in our newsletter, on site as well as shared on our social media platforms.
- Priority access to our vetted and curated Photographers.
- Receive monthly insights on happenings pertinent to the short-term rental and home sharing economy in South Africa.
- Be at the forefront of regulatory conversations with Government.
Our Social Community Initiatives Membership
For all our social community mentees such as our Langa Hosts, we offer membership at the equivalent of a one night stay only.
Still need convincing? Through our network our members will have priority access to:
Platform Knowledge: Launching with 5 experts on current short-term rental platforms such as Airbnb, Booking.com, Lekkeslaap, SafariNow and TripAdvisor combined with years of travel marketing, film and photography background, digital marketing and technology, as a member you will have direct access to community experts to help unlock your earning potential on these platforms.
Gain Supplier Advantage: We have spent many years negotiating discounts and forming relationships with various suppliers for the short-term rental market. Suppliers include, but are not limited to: Insurance Brokers for Short term rental, Cleaning Services, Laundry Services, Tour Operators, Photographers, Interior Decorators, Linen Companies, Home Essential an Guest Products and many more. Save time and money from our years of testing and negotiating on the best products and suppliers in the industry.
Community Network: Access to opted-in members who would like to network with other members. This includes not only hosts, but also restaurants. The benefits of networking with other members is that you can cross link your properties, refer guests and potentially even find co-hosts in a pinch or activity partners for guests.